Tenant Advisory Committee
The Tenant Advisory Committee advises Toronto Community Housing (TCHC) on the implementation of the Tenant Engagement System and other tenant facing programs. The advisory committee also works with staff to develop recommendations based on issues raised at the Community Action Table meetings.
The main goal of the Tenant Advisory Committee is to advise TCHC on improvements to the implementation of the refreshed Tenant Engagement System. This system is the formal structure to engage tenants who live in Toronto Community Housing, with the goal to increase tenant participation in local decision-making.
Recommendations from the Tenant Advisory Committee will support the Board in making informed decisions on:
- the implementation of the refreshed Tenant Engagement System
- corporate initiatives that advance tenant priorities
To learn more about the committee's mandate, see the Tenant Advisory Committee terms of reference (PDF).
The advisory committee includes 21 voting members and three non-voting members.
- Sara Abdella
- Robert Bezanson
- John Corso
- Ines Garcia
- Rosemarie Hibbert
- Tracy Izzard
- Petra Jeffers
- Doug Maybank
- Debbie Menezes
- Susel Munoz
- Karlene Nation
- Abdul Rahman
- Tameka Richards
- Charmaine Roye
- Shabnam Shekh
- Catherine Wilkinson
- Four (4) Vacant roles as of Dec. 5th
- Marcel Charlebois
- Ubah Farah
- Ziva Ferreira
Advisor roles and expectations
The newly formed Tenant Advisory Committee started meeting in September 2023. The committee includes 21 voting members and three non-voting members.
Members of the Advisory committee are expected to:
- support an inclusive environment that promotes dignity, respect and is free of discrimination and harassment
- attend scheduled meetings
- adhere to the expectations set out in the Tenant Charter
- promote the availability of funds