Tenant Advisory Committee
Applications for the Tenant Advisory Committee are currently closed. We will be notifying tenants who have applied for the committee about next steps shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Toronto Community Housing wants to create a committee of tenants who advise TCHC on the implementation of Tenant Engagement System and other tenant facing programs. The advisory committee will also work with staff to develop recommendations based on issues raised at the Community Actions Table meetings.
- 18 years of age or older and on a Toronto Community Housing lease agreement.
- Committed to community well-being,
- Knowledgeable about the City of Toronto, communities in our city and tenants’ needs and priorities
- Knowledge of Toronto Community Housing’s policies and operations or have a strong willingness to learn
- Involved in your community and/or have experience in community development and working with tenants through Tenant Councils, advocacy initiatives, ongoing events, allocating resources etc.
Advisor roles and expectations
As a member of the Tenant Advisory Committee, you will advise TCHC on the implementation of Tenant Engagement System and other tenant facing programs and events. This is a great opportunity to network, build your skills and gain strong community engagement experience.
Members of the Advisory committee are expected to:
- support an inclusive environment that promotes dignity, respect and is free of discrimination and harassment
- attend scheduled meetings
- adhere to the expectations set out in the Tenant Charter
- promote the availability of funds