Investing in Our Diversity Scholarship Program (IIODS)
Between the cost of tuition, books, food, and transportation, it can be tough for many students to find the money to cover the cost of postsecondary school. We can help! Apply today for the Investing in Our Diversity Scholarship (IIODS) and you could receive $4,000 to cover your tuition fees and school-related expenses for full-time postsecondary education or training.
How do I apply?
Applications for the 2024 IIODS program are now open. To apply, fill out the online application form and follow the submission instructions.
Applications must be received no later than Friday, March 29, 2024, at 5 p.m.
If you have any question about the application process please contact Toronto Community Housing at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is eligible?
Grade 12 high school students and/or graduates, GED graduates or post-secondary undergraduate students involved in anti-racism, diversity and/or building safe and healthy communities, and who can answer yes to all of the following:
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- 29 years old or younger as of April 30, 2024
- Not a previous recipient of an IIOD Scholarship
- TCHC tenant or person living in the Scadding Court Community Centre (SCCC) catchment area (Lake Ontario to the south, Bloor Street to the north, Yonge Street to the east, and Lansdowne Avenue to the west)
- Currently studying or planning to attend a recognized Canadian post secondary education or training school (i.e., college, university, career academy or apprenticeship) in the upcoming academic year
- Able to demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
How are recipients selected?
Successful scholarship recipients are selected from among Toronto's up-and-coming diverse young leaders by the IIODS administration team.
Each recipient must have made a strong contribution to their communities in promoting diversity, equity and anti-racism dialogue.
Attend one of our info sessions
Prospective applicants can attend one info session to learn more about the benefits of the IIOD scholarships and how to make their applications stand out.
- West region: Thursday, March 7, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at 495 Wilson Ave, North York
- Central region: Tuesday, March 12, from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at 931 Yonge Street, Toronto
- East region: Thursday, March 14, from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at 2743 Victoria Park Ave, Scarborough
Apply for the 2024 Investing in Our Diversity Scholarship
Submit your application by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 29, 2024.Apply online
Thank you for our founders and donors.
Stay connected with TCHC
Did you know our SMS and email updates provide up-to-date information for youth? Sign up for SMS and email communications to stay connected about TCHC's opportunities.